How we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about visitors and users of our websites.
Updated on: Nov. 17, 2023
Information We Collect
- Information We Collect Directly From You. We may collect certain information directly from you. If you sign up to receive more information about the Chassi platform, we will collect your email address. We will also collect any other information that you provide to us through our Site.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Such information may include, without limitation: domain name; browser type; device ID; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens you view; links you click; Internet protocol (“IP”) address; when and the length of time you visit or use our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Information We Collect Publicly. We collect information about you from public websites and other forms of publicly available electronic media. This information may include names, business affiliations, personal and business emails, and phone numbers.
How We Use Your Information
- Providing and Improving Our Site. To provide and maintain our Site and services; to improve our Site and services; to develop new features or services; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your use of our Site; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how you interact with our Site; to monitor and analyze individual and collective usage trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Disclose Your Information
- Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for research, compliance, marketing, advertising, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. If the purpose for collecting the data ceases, the data will be disposed in accordance with our procedures.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
We are based in the United Stated and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your devices by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your device login information private.
Data Privacy Officer
We employ a data privacy officer (DPO) who oversees compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations. The DPO is also responsible for ensuring we respond to your data subject requests, questions, or complaints.
- Opting out of Email Communications. We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails (e.g., about your account with us).
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Limiting the disclosure or processing of your personal and/or public information. As referenced in the section(s) above, “How We Disclose Your Information” and “How We Use Your Information”, we may use your publicly available and/or personal information to send you promotional or informational emails, or to contact you about our products or services. We may also disclose your information to affiliates for marketing, business transfers, to provide you services, or to protect your rights. You have the right to instruct us to limit the use of your Sensitive Personal Information. Please note that this right is subject to limitations and does not allow you to opt-out of all processing of your Personal Information. For example, we retain the right to process Personal Information that is reasonably necessary and expected in order to provide goods or services that you request or are under contract to receive. For more information, please visit the Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information page.
- Information required to exercise your rights under data privacy laws. We may require you to disclose specific personal information to us so that we may satisfy your requests to limit or restrict the processing or disclosure of your personal information. This would include your full name and email address. Additionally, we may send you verification communications to your business or personal email address on file to further authenticate and complete your request.
- You may request a list of disclosures of your personal information by completing this request form or emailing us at email@example.com. In response to your request, we will provide an accounting of any authorized or unauthorized disclosures of personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your choices, please submit a request form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Economic Area Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
- Legal Basis for Processing. If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products or services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
- Data Subject Requests. If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
- Questions or Complaints. If you are in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Our Site is not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site, please contact us at email@example.com.